Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New onArcade v1.1 is out!!!
06-26-2006, 03:24 PM
Cool New onArcade v1.1 is out!!!
New onArcade v1.1 is out and it is better than ever. There have been many very big changes (I guess there is only 1 file that has no changes in it).
There is no upgrade script yet, sorryRolleyes, I just haven't had time to finish it, but I'll try to finish it as soon as possible.

What is new in v1.1?
+ ionCube
Lets start with bad news: I have encoded two (2) files (config.php and adminconfig.php) and admin panel will be checking home to see if license is valid (it doesn't change much because even before admin panels was checking back home for version check). Installation script has also been encoded. This had to be done due to big problems with pirazy. First version of onArcade was first posted on warez sites only about 1 - 2 weeks after official release, I wouldn't like to see that happen with v1.1. There have also been people selling invalid license keys and scamming people that way. That has to stop and that is why I have to use ionCube.
It doesn't change much on your side, your server should have ionCube free loader installed, but if it doesn't then it can always be downloaded from ionCube website or on most servers you could use runtime loader, I have bundle some with the script.

+ New structure
Now lets get to good news: onArcade v1.1 has new and better structure. Basically
Code:
index.php?action=browse&cid=1
changes to
Code:
browse.php?c=1
That makes it easier to add new features and modify the script.

+ 2 new very cool templates
Are you bored of your old default template? We now have two very nice templates and they are free for all of our customers.
[Image: template1.png]
[Image: template2.png]

+ Custom pages
You can now add custom pages to your arcade.
[Image: custom_pages.png]

+ Subcategories
Subcategories is now default feature.
[Image: subcategories.png]

+ Submit content
Visitors can now upload their favourite games to your arcade.
[Image: submit_content.png]

+ Upload avatars
Members of your site can now upload avatars.
[Image: upload_avatar.png]

+ Related files
Visitors can now see related files on files pages.
[Image: related_files.png]

+ Preview button
Members can now preview their messages before sending it.
[Image: preview.png]

+ Custom code
You can now take codes from sites like youtube.com and videos.google.com and insert them into your site.
[Image: custom_code.png]

+ Comments approval
Are you tired of spam? Well, now you have a chance to eliminate it even before it appears on your site.
[Image: comments_approval.png]

+ Auto-resize large files
If files are too large then they need to be resized, now onArcade does this for you.
[Image: resize.png]

+ Google sitemap
Isn't Google indexing all of your games? Google sitemap can help you with that.
[Image: sitemap.png]

+ Some smaller bugs have been fixed and smaller changes made to make your life easier.

Go and download your copy right now!!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-26-2006, 03:25 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2006 03:36 PM by Hans.)
Crazy E-Gold and MoneyBookers promotion!!!
Here is crazy promotion for all E-Gold and MoneyBookers fans:
Use discount voucher 'crazy' and get 50% off

This code only works till the end June, so be fast!

Please note that discount vouchers don't work with 2CheckOut, so please don't even try it when you are planning to pay via credit cards, because this will only create more problems for me and you.
06-26-2006, 03:59 PM
RE: New onArcade v1.1 is out!!!
Looks very good, I am glad I didnt order it as soon as i discovered this script. I would have missed out on 50% off!

I have been using PHPAS up until now, so it will be interesting to compare.
Find all posts by this user
06-26-2006, 04:36 PM
Great!
06-26-2006, 06:58 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2006 06:58 PM by PlatinumN23.)
WOW!! Looks Great.. Can we just upload everything over our existing files with the exception of DBINFO.php ??

Or is there DB Changes as well??

Thanks
06-26-2006, 07:47 PM
Good work Hans!
Just wondering: can i just copy the sitemap.php file into my current v1.0 home directory or should i need the modified config.php file for that also?

Because i copied the sitemap.php and when i go to the url it doesn't work, it gives an error "can't create file"
Strange Shy

Mike

http://www.arcame.com - Directory of Game Sites
06-26-2006, 08:59 PM
PlatinumN23 Wrote:WOW!! Looks Great.. Can we just upload everything over our existing files with the exception of DBINFO.php ??

Or is there DB Changes as well??

Thanks
There are also database changes, but don't worry, I'll write upgrading script and I hope to post it even today Big Grin

Mike Wrote:Good work Hans!
Just wondering: can i just copy the sitemap.php file into my current v1.0 home directory or should i need the modified config.php file for that also?

Because i copied the sitemap.php and when i go to the url it doesn't work, it gives an error "can't create file"
Strange Shy

Mike
Yes, there are changes in config.php file, so it shouldn't work. You can see working copy here http://onarcade.net/sitemap.php
06-26-2006, 11:57 PM
Yes but what does the sitemap.php call in config.php except the database connection info?

Mike

06-27-2006, 12:13 AM
Mike Wrote:Yes but what does the sitemap.php call in config.php except the database connection info?

Mike

Sorry, that is encoded. I cannot give that info out.
06-27-2006, 12:21 AM
Okay, i understand your security concern!
But it looks very easy to add that same sitemap to version 1.0.
Is there any other code i can add to config.php so it DOES work in version 1.0 also?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Thread Closed