Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
onArcade 2 beta out as soon as possible
04-29-2007, 01:00 AM
onArcade 2 beta out as soon as possible
For the past many... many months I have been working on onArcade 2 and I still have a lot of work ahead of me, but if anything doesn't go terribly wrong (you might have heard that we have some russians going crazy in Tallinn, so if they should reach my home then it might delay it a bit Wink ) then by the end of May all licensed members will have a chance to try onArcade 2 beta. I have planned to keep onArcade in beta for about a month, but that could change because I will have to finish coding 3 other templates, fix bugs if found any and I am also planning to write full documentation on how to use onArcade 2 and what can be done with it. Beta will have some of it's files encoded, I hope you understand why this is necessary. The final version won't have any of it's files encoded (well, I actually haven't yet decided what I am going to do with the install.php file, but everything else will be non-encoded).
So what is/will be new in onArcade 2:
+ New code. onArcade 1 had rather messy code and it wasn't very well optimized. onArcade 2 will have a lot better code, so that should make it a lot easier to understand and modify it. Also the site should run faster.
+ New AdminCP. onArcade 2 has many new features and old admin panel just couldn't house them all. New AdminCP should also make it easier to manage sites with 1000s of games.
+ UserCP. Members can also have more information about themselves, so UserCP was a must.
+ Better security. onArcade 1.1 was secure. onArcade 2 is even securer. There are many improvements from image verifications to better cookies system.
+ Multiple template and language support. onArcade 2 has new template/language system that allows you to use more than one template and language on the same site. The new template system isn't the easiest for beginner, but if you know a little about php and html then you shouldn't have any problems with it.
+ Scores system. Scores system is finally built in to the script. The new scores system will work with phpBB-Amod games, Ram85 also gave me instructions on how to make it compatible with IBPro games, so that is also going to be added and I am also thinking about onArcade own format and releasing some games with it.
+ Game Feed. This is something I haven't even started working on and I am not sure if it will be available in first beta, but I hope to make it available ASAP, because it will need a lot of beta testing to make sure it is secure. Basically I will start hosting new flash games in my server and all onArcade owners can download and install them to their arcades with only one click.
+ And many, MANY, MANY more features that will make life of arcade owner or visitor a lot easier.

Currently there are 2 sites that are already using onArcade 2 beta, but I cannot release it to everybody yet because there is still very big part of admin panel missing. The sites using onArcade 2 beta are:
http://www.gamesfort.net
http://www.onarcade.net
These sites have already most of the visitor-side features that final will have, only things that I have planned but are still missing are broken file report button, simple ad management system (the ads on gamesfort.net are currently placed directly on template files, but I have also planned simple ad management system that would allow placing ads on certain placed trough admin panel) and news page (where all news are listed). If there are any more smaller features that you would like to see in v2 then let me know and if I have time then I will integrate them.
So wish me luck and let me know if there is something missing that you would really like to see in v2!

Hans
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-16-2007, 11:23 PM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2007 11:25 PM by str1k3_pr0tect.)
RE: onArcade 2 beta out as soon as possible
Licences of onarcade v1.1 will work with v2?

U can add these features :

Random Games, in the index page, above the category files listed, u can add a block with random games..

and in the category files, not only the newsest files, random files too =)
Find all posts by this user
05-17-2007, 12:40 AM
Yes, onArcade 2 will be available to all current license owners.

It is possible to add random games on index page, but I just don't see any point in that.
05-17-2007, 09:26 AM
hi i am italian webmaster and i have some question.
I must created my flash games site before the end of may.
I mus buy your script, but the 2 version.
how much time i attend? is it possible to have the 2 version of script instatly?
i attend a response (trucchimania@email.it)
tanks
nico
05-17-2007, 12:46 PM
nicolovolanti Wrote:hi i am italian webmaster and i have some question.
I must created my flash games site before the end of may.
I mus buy your script, but the 2 version.
how much time i attend? is it possible to have the 2 version of script instatly?
i attend a response (trucchimania[at]email.it)
tanks
nico

v2 is not available yet, I hope to release first beta within a week or two.
05-19-2007, 10:28 AM
Hans Wrote:Yes, onArcade 2 will be available to all current license owners.

It is possible to add random games on index page, but I just don't see any point in that.

when i enter a site of games i dont want to surf all the categories to see cool games, and i dont want see all time the same games in the index page.. some random games can get more plays in the site =]

ah

in on arcade 1.1 when some member are logged in, they nick name dont appears in the online list, appears like a guest online
05-19-2007, 06:18 PM
str1k3_pr0tect Wrote:
Hans Wrote:Yes, onArcade 2 will be available to all current license owners.

when i enter a site of games i dont want to surf all the categories to see cool games, and i dont want see all time the same games in the index page.. some random games can get more plays in the site =]

ah

in on arcade 1.1 when some member are logged in, they nick name dont appears in the online list, appears like a guest online
Then you should just randomize the games showed under each category on index page.

And about members online list problem, can you give me more details about the issue. I have never had this problem myself or heard anyone else having this problem.

Also you should read this thread http://www.onarcade.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=3
05-25-2007, 07:49 PM
If you need a beta tester Hans let me know. I have a new arcade project I want to start and I'd like to get it going with the new version so I don't have to update it later.

Coming soon...
05-25-2007, 10:35 PM
You will still have to update it every now and then because onArcade 2 first beta won't have all the features that final has and there might also be some bugs. But I hope to release first beta within the next few days, I have already completed most of the things that have to be complete before I can start beta testing, just some important stuff is missing from admin panel.
05-29-2007, 09:12 PM
When will the Beta be out?
Thread Closed