Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
onArcade 2.3 Beta
09-13-2010, 09:59 PM (This post was last modified: 09-20-2010 04:50 PM by Hans.)
Cool onArcade 2.3 Beta
I have just released onArcade 2.3 beta.
You can download it from clients area: http://www.onarcade.com/order/
Arabic translation for onArcade 2.3 - http://www.onarcade.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=2215

I've posted a list of changes here - http://wiki.onarcade.com/index.php/OnArcade_2.3 -, I will be adding more information over the next few weeks.

Some notes about beta:
* I have temporarily encoded admin panel files with ionCube, final version will not be encoded.
* At the moment there is no upgrading script. If there are no bigger problems in beta then I will probably release it soon, if beta is not stable enough then I will release it with final.
* At the moment only Mochi feed is available (over 20 000 games), Kongregate and FlashGameDistribution games will appear within a week or 2. I might also add couple of other feeds in the future (any suggestions?). To use Mochi scores you need to insert your Publisher ID and Publisher Secret Key on settings page.
* Searching for plugs only works with onArcade 2.3 sites because other sites do not have plugmap.
* At the moment only Onarcade template is available, I will be releasing other before or with final. I am also hoping to release template upgrading instructions (from 2.2), but that is not yet a promise.
* I have not yet done much testing in different browsers, everything should work in Chrome, since that is what I am using, and Firefox and Opera should also be quite safe, but IEs still need some work (IE8 should be quite OK). Admin panel will not be compatible with IE6, main site will mostly be.
* I am not planning very long beta period, I probably won’t release final in September, but it should be before October 10.

If you find any bugs then please report them and if you have any suggestions then let me know.

For demo see http://www.onarcade.net , here are some pictures from admin panel:
[Image: 1fc.jpg.png] [Image: b23.jpg.png] [Image: 00d.jpg.png] [Image: 3da.jpg.png] [Image: dc1.jpg.png] [Image: b3a.jpg.png] [Image: ffb.jpg.png] [Image: eb3.jpg.png] [Image: 4eb.jpg.png] [Image: 987.jpg.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-14-2010, 01:36 AM
RE: onArcade 2.3 Beta
Was planning to do a fresh install.
Will start of with this one right tomorrow morning.

Zodiac
Find all posts by this user
09-14-2010, 12:07 PM
Install went fine.

No problems at all.
Gamefeed (mochi) is working like a charm.
Only thing is that the games allready installed are still showing up.
Maybe can blur the installed games or give them another color ...

Will report back when i find some bugs.
At this moment nothing significant.

Greetings
09-14-2010, 08:53 PM
The problem with already installed games is that checking if game is installed is rather resource intensive process (at the moment it checks for title in database and file name in files directory) and doing it for 25 games at a time (on a page) is not very good idea. So at the moment you only see installed message when you click on game:
[Image: 30c.jpg.png]
I will try to find a better solution (to blur, not remove) in final version.
09-15-2010, 12:14 AM
I have added Kongregate feed, currently this feed has 194 games. In total there are already 23515 games.
09-15-2010, 01:50 AM
Great work thank you hans

09-15-2010, 06:41 AM
Great work and wait for the final version

العاب
09-15-2010, 12:03 PM
Good work Hans... but what's the big deal of the 2.3? almost two years and not even multiple categories for games! Just some fancy jquery effects and that's all...

Waiting for the 3.0 version!

Jogos Online Big Grin
09-15-2010, 01:58 PM
It isn't just couple of jQuery effects, but yes, it isn't exactly something revolutionary too. I've just had a lot of other things to do. onArcade is not very profitable, so I cannot spend all of my time on it.
09-15-2010, 04:35 PM
Thanks for the great work.

hguhf العاب
Thread Closed