Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
onArcade 2.2.0 Released
01-05-2009, 07:30 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2009 05:10 PM by Hans.)
Big Grin onArcade 2.2.0 Released
After many many months of development onArcade 2.2 is finally final. onArcade 2.2 isn't just few new icons and new version number, it has big under the hood changes and many new features.

So what is new in onArcade 2.2?

+ UTF-8
[Image: 0utf-8.png]
Now you can run truly international arcade without worrying about charsets or character encodings. (I generated the translations on the above image using Google Translate, so some of them might make no sense at all.)

+ New users online / sessions system
[Image: 1sessions.png]
New sessions system recognizes bots, fixes scores problems and performs better.

+ New admin panel
[Image: admin_panel.png]
onArcade has totally new admin panel. New cleaner template and many AJAX features make arcade management much easier. New game pack installer downloads games straight from onArcade server, so no need to download games to your own computer anymore. Add as many ad zones as you wish and copy ad zone code to your template using new template editor. Read this topic for more information about new template editor.

+ New profile pages
[Image: 2profile.png]
New layout, friends, profile comments and profile customizations make onArcade 2.2 profiles much more interesting.

+ Forums
[Image: 0forums.png]
No more need to hire expensive coder to integrate phpBB or vBulletin to your arcade, onArcade 2.2 has built in forums system.

+ And many many more wonderful new features, improvements and bug fixes

Requirements
PHP 4.3+ (PHP 5.2+ recommended)
MySQL 4.1+

Demo
http://www.onarcade.com/demo220/
Username: admin
Password: admin123
Template selector in top left corner is just for demo site, your arcades won't have it (I have not yet managed to finish Blue template, so it is not yet available).

Upgrade from older versions
Please back up your database before you run upgrading script! onArcade 2.2 has many very big changes, so all custom modifications, templates and languages will have to be redone. Upgrading instructions are in readme.pdf. [edit] if you were previously running Arabic arcade and after upgrade characters on your site are broken read this post http://www.onarcade.com/forums/showthrea...29#pid6029
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-05-2009, 07:36 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2009 07:42 PM by callteg4.)
RE: onArcade 2.2.0 Released
(01-05-2009 07:30 PM)Hans Wrote:  After many many months of development onArcade 2.2 is finally final. onArcade 2.2 isn't just few new icons and new version number, it has big under the hood changes and many new features.

So what is new in onArcade 2.2?

+ UTF-8
[Image: 0utf-8.png]
Now you can run truly international arcade without worrying about charsets or character encodings. (I generated the translations on the above image using Google Translate, so some of them might make no sense at all.)

+ New users online / sessions system
[Image: 1sessions.png]
New sessions system recognizes bots, fixes scores problems and performs better.

+ New admin panel
[Image: admin_panel.png]
onArcade has totally new admin panel. New cleaner template and many AJAX features make arcade management much easier. New game pack installer downloads games straight from onArcade server, so no need to download games to your own computer anymore. Add as many ad zones as you wish and copy ad zone code to your template using new template editor. Read this topic for more information about new template editor.

+ New profile pages
[Image: 2profile.png]
New layout, friends, profile comments and profile customizations make onArcade 2.2 profiles much more interesting.

+ Forums
[Image: 0forums.png]
No more need to hire expensive coder to integrate phpBB or vBulletin to your arcade, onArcade 2.2 has built in forums system.

+ And many many more wonderful new features, improvements and bug fixes

Requirements
PHP 4.3+ (PHP 5.2+ recommended)
MySQL 4.1+

Demo
http://www.onarcade.com/demo220/
Username: admin
Password: admin123
Template selector in top left corner is just for demo site, your arcades won't have it (I have not yet managed to finish Blue template, so it is not yet available).

Upgrade from older versions
Please back up your database before you run upgrading script! onArcade 2.2 has many very big changes, so all custom modifications, templates and languages will have to be redone. Upgrading instructions are in readme.pdf.

Your a star Hans I am just going to make some file back ups and I am clicking that upgrade button Smile
Hans would just like to say thanks for adding the total score/champions that we talked about this will save me counting them all Smile
01-05-2009, 07:51 PM
(01-05-2009 07:36 PM)callteg4 Wrote:  Hans would just like to say thanks for adding the total score/champions that we talked about this will save me counting them all Smile

no problem, it was small and quite useful change. It is only shown when user has at least one best score.
01-05-2009, 10:29 PM
you are the the best Big Grin

Congratulations for new onArdace 2.2.0 Shy
Find all posts by this user
01-05-2009, 11:08 PM
Thanks hans

Good work!

jeu.fr | Free Hosting
01-06-2009, 04:56 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2009 05:34 PM by Monir.)
Cool RE: onArcade 2.2.0 Released
I've finally finished the translation and upgraded my site to the latest onArcade 2.2.0 and everything worked fine Big Grin

btw, tarfeh.net is an Arabic Version and tarfeh.net/english is the English one. The SEO, specially with the Arabic now, the statistics graph, the new user CP and everything new is AMAZING!

The only thing left now is to upgrade my theme and celebrate Toungue

Thanks Hans ..

Wish you all guys a successful upgrade and have a nice times.

Monir

مدونتي
01-06-2009, 01:08 PM
Just like to thank you hans for you time you have put in to making a nice easy to use script...

LOOK GREAT...

And i would like to thank you for giving me a big headache now coz i have load of custom mods on my site that i will have to add to this new script before i can change over to it Thank M8 ...LOL
01-06-2009, 04:51 PM
(01-06-2009 04:56 AM)Monir Wrote:  tarfeh.net is an Arabic Version and tarfeh.net/english is the English one btw.
looks greatSmile

(01-06-2009 01:08 PM)siriusdave Wrote:  And i would like to thank you for giving me a big headache now coz i have load of custom mods on my site that i will have to add to this new script before i can change over to it Thank M8 ...LOL
any time Wink
01-06-2009, 09:12 PM
thank you Hans and you are the best ;-)
01-06-2009, 09:31 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2009 09:50 PM by al3ade.)
Hello

I wish I find in the next onArcade

new features

Tags, Rul, and Category in Arabic

for example

tag
g9g.biz/tag/%D9%82%D8%AA%D8%A7%D9%84.html

game

g9g.biz/309-%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%A8%D8%A9-%D8%B5%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%88%D9%86-%D8%AD%D9%84%D8%A7%D9%82%D8%A9-%D9%88-%D8%AA%D8%B5%D9%81%D9%8A%D9%81-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B4%D8%B9%D8%B1.html

Category

g9g.biz/16-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%A7%D8%A8-%D8%AD%D8%B1%D8%A8-%D8%B9%D8%B3%D9%83%D8%B1%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D8%AD%D8%B1%D8%A8%D9%8A%D8%A9-1/

thanks

Saudi ArabiaCool
Thread Closed